Tourist Visa to Uganda: Entry and Immigration Information
Just like every country on earth has regulations and conditions for anybody intending or interested in entering its land, Uganda is not exceptional. Meaning for any tourist interested in traveling to Uganda for an adventurous safari, business trip, and other reasons, there are a few things to put into concern that admits or denies entry to Uganda.
However, Uganda being the most wanted and always visited country for anyone interested in an African safari, it is easy for anyone to get a visa. The visa processing is undemanding so as to encourage many visitors to the wonderful pearl of Africa for countless memorable safaris.
How to get/ acquire a Ugandan visa?
The simplest mechanism to acquire a Ugandan visa is by getting it at the place of entry to the country. This place of entry could be at its international airport that is Entebbe airport or at any other entry point to the country and the purchasing fee is $50 and lasts for 90 days. This is mostly possible for tourist visitors.
Also, Ugandan visas can be applied for and got online mostly in countries like the USA, UK, South Africa, Russia, Japan, Italy, India, Germany, France, Denmark, China, Canada, and Belgium. Please download the application form from the embassy website of your country of origin. You will need to attach 2 passport photos.
How much is Uganda Visa Cost / Price, Visa Fees?
- One time/ single Uganda entry visa costs you the US $50
- Multiple entry visas to Uganda for 6 months costs US$200
- Transit visa to Uganda lasts for good for 1 week costs US$50
- Visa requirements vary from time to time however by the time of your travel, kindly inbox us via email@example.com and we give you the instant requirement so as to keep you updated.
It is therefore advisable to take advice from the relevant embassies before traveling.
For any one time entry to Uganda, an individual is issued with his/her visa at the arrival terminal and this visitor gets a pass specifically for a holiday, traveling, or doing business in Uganda while for one to have Multiple entry visas, the individual must be doing it for business purposes.
Tourist Visa to Uganda
All tourists to Uganda are kindly requested to comply with the requirements below before they can get a visa to Uganda.
1. Every traveler must have a valid passport of nationality or origin issued by their Government of origin.
2. It is safer to have the internationally recognized Certificate against yellow fever.
3. You may also be asked to show your return ticket though it is not compulsory you never know when they ask for it so be ready and prepared at times for any would-be-bound question to ask. However, it is asked in rare cases
There are countries that are exempted from needing a Ugandan visa and they include; American or British citizens, almost all commonwealth nations, and Europe. Also, there are some African countries exempt from the restriction of possessing the visa to enter Uganda, and these include; Zambia, Tanzania, Swaziland, Seychelles, Rwanda, Madagascar, Mauritius, Malawi, Kenya, Eritrea, Comoros, Burundi, and Angola. Other countries outside Africa and not among the commonwealth nations include St. Vincent and the Grenadines Islands, Barbados, Bahamas, Antigua, Gambia, Jamaica, Lesotho, Malta, Singapore, Solomon Islands, and Cyprus and for any individuals not in any of the mentioned counties, you will need to have Ugandan visa to be granted entry to Uganda.
Entry Permit Classes
- Class A1: persons in Government services, UN organizations, OAU, COMESA, and other institutions of all these can only be confirmed by Uganda’s Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- Class A: contracting companies of the above organizations that had been confirmed and given a green light by the Ministry of internal affairs.
- Class B-F: Investors in various disciplines or work permits for investment areas only.
- Class G: this class has mostly the Where both Investors and employees are required by law to execute a security bond equivalent to the cost of a single economy class ticket to their country of origin.
No entry permit fee is charged for Class A! But for the rest of the other classes have rates published and are renewable after some time at half the acquisition fee.
Entry / Exit Requirements:
A passport valid for three months beyond the date of entry, visa, and evidence of yellow fever vaccination is required. Visas are available at Entebbe Airport or may be obtained from the Embassy of the Republic of Uganda. Airline companies may also require travelers have a visa before boarding. Travelers should obtain the latest information and details from the Embassy of the Republic of Uganda for more thorough information
Uganda Safari Packgaes