Sipi falls the least wide known jewels of East Africa found in Kapchorwa district which is about an approximate distance of 277km2. from Kampala the capital of Uganda. Sipi falls at its bottom has a beautiful appearing rainbow with romantic sprinkling water to nearby distance and this sprinkled water gives one a natural shower . Sipi falls is truly a beautiful and romantic place to be. Book your trip with www.jewelsafaris.com to Sipi falls.
Sipi Falls offers three main activities:
- world-class hiking,
- Awesome tasty famous Arabica coffee,
- And an ultimate quality mind relief away from the hustle and bustle of Kampala.
The water at the second falls drops and goes underground flowing and comes out after some distance of underground flow. This means the caution while here should be so paramount because the speed it drops and flows is just very terrific and worse still it flows out of the plunge pool from underground bridge.
It’s made up of three falls originating in the foothills of Mountain Elgon just at the edge of Mount Elgon National park nearing the Kenyan-Uganda border.
The highest falls is also doubles as the main falls that drops from a height of 100m and it is the last fall in the series, this fall is a little bigger than the other two but still all of them bestow to provide Uganda a beautiful scenery. In fact Sipi falls is known to many as the ‘most romantic falls’ in Uganda and one can prove this upon reaching at this place. It’s just a best place to be for a weekend. Here is the venue to kick off with most hikes to Mt. Elgon. Also hiking to the top of these falls gives a clear beautiful scenic view to; Lake Kyoga, the Karamoja low lands, coffee plantations and other surrounding areas.
The cooler climate is a pleasant reform to the humidity of the lowlands. The fertile soils of the extinct volcano, Mt. Elgon, have transformed Sipi Falls into the producer of the finest Bugishu Arabica the best blend in the world and if you have not tasted it yet, you are missing too much. As tourists go for hiking, rains can drop unnoticed thus making hiking difficult but it also has a thrill of an experience of its own. In conclusion, Sipi falls is a place for chilling, loosening up and relaxing from the congested busy tarmacked cities.
The hospitality of the community people like Sabiny and Bagishu staying within the area an additional reason to visit Sipi falls. These people are farmers who do farming for food crops like Irish, carrots, passion fruits, cabbages and many more and crops grown include; Arabica coffee which also doubles as a major cash crop in the land, the coffee is grown on the altitudes between 1600metres and 1900metres above sea level. More fun activities include visiting these plantations that can be organized by local guides in the place like Sipi tour guiding community.
There are various accommodation facilities for one to stay at Sipi Falls that range from luxurious lodges, mid-range hotels and budget hotels. Camp sites for camping are in place too. So, no need to worry about where to stay at. One can make this a weekend get away from the city, part of the Jinja tour activities and just grab a moment at the “ romantic falls” it’s also possible to make it as a stopover point for Kidepo valley National park tour through Pian Upe route.
Top Things to Do and See around Sipi Falls
- Hiking To the top of the falls and Mount Elgon which is the fourth tallest mountain in East Africa and the best time of the year to climb it is during the dry seasons.
- Mountain Biking Trails This can be done at Mount Elgon national park.
- Rock Climbing: this quite an exhilarating activity can be done at Sipi falls too on journey to the top of the falls, mountain Elgon as one heads to see Africa’s largest caldera.
- Trout Fishing
- Sabiny– Imbalu (Circumcision). This takes place in August and December of an even year but December is more and more the favourite for many tourists. This is done publicly and many have come to witness it. Prior the real cutting, street processions are always conducted that gives a platform for one to visit his relatives.
- Swimming at the natural pool.